Software Engineer III, Marketing Enablement
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a full stack Software Engineer, with emphasis on backend, to work on the Marketing Enablement team to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours and some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. We’re willing to help you with relocation if you’re not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You are passionate about building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience writing web-based applications in PHP, Python, Go or Ruby
- Worked with a structured database and understand design trade-offs in modeling data
- React and Webpack experience a plus
- Experience maintaining a high-traffic, publicly-visible web application a plus
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application
- Share expertise with development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.