Android Engineer II
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is growing fast and working on new products to help small businesses grow. Our devs enjoy the camaraderie of a mobile-specific product team. They are curious builders who make a big impact in the SaaS industry. Mailchimp embraces creativity and independence across teams—your thoughts and ideas turn into valuable assets for millions of users. There's no red tape, no long release cycles, and no unnecessary processes.
Our Mobile apps allow our users to remotely manage subscribers and campaigns, and our award-winning Mobile Development team is looking for an Android Engineer to join our Atlanta-based team.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Android team to learn and grow through on-the-job training, lunch and learns, code reviews, and paired programming
- Develop new features for the Mailchimp mobile app
- Investigate and resolve defects
- Collaborate with designers in the planning and implementation of new features
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’re self-motivated, aren’t afraid of new challenges, and love to learn
- You are comfortable developing in Java or Kotlin
- You have a basic understanding of Android development
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You are resourceful and have strong problem solving abilities
- You have a passion for collaboration
- You embrace and demonstrate our core values of humility, creativity, and independence
Technologies we use and teach:
- Retrofit / OkHttp / RxJava for networking
- MVVM (LiveData / ViewModel) for architecture
- Dagger for dependency injection
- Fragments for UI
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.