Customer Success Associate
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Success team within our Support organization uses a consultative mindset to help VIP customers plan their marketing strategy, deploy new channels, measure success, and position Mailchimp as an indispensable resource. Our team utilizes collaborative problem-solving to surface the best ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities to match the customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer loyalty. We connect with key influencers and power users regularly to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers. We collaborate internally with Support Product Analysts, Marketing, and Research to round out the voice of the customer.
We’re looking for a teammate who is passionate about guiding SMB customers’ success and interested in accelerating customers’ technology adoption, minimizing churn, and growing accounts. You understand the intersection of customer education, coaching, technology, and marketing. You work collaboratively and think independently. You are skilled at establishing relationships with customers virtually and have a desire to build in-depth knowledge of customers, product capabilities, and extensive domain expertise to develop strategies. You actively seek out creating connections between customers and our brand. Our team loves helping SMBs market smarter to grow their business.What you'll do:
As a Customer Success Associate you act in a consultative manner across your assigned Customer Success tier to ensure customers are optimizing our platform and able to meet their business goals. You are responsible for establishing yourself as a trusted advisor and business partner. You are responsible for interacting with customers remotely and should be comfortable interacting virtually.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers in mastering Mailchimp products through relationship management and best practices calls
- Define business objectives with customers and identify a plan for their success
- Utilize strong understanding of SMB’s needs in conjunction with Mailchimp’s solutions to adapt product recommendations to suit customer needs
- Review and assess customers’ progress monthly and annually, and offer recommendations based on results
- Communicate “voice of the customer” feedback with cross-functional teams to help drive product growth
- Customer Success, Customer Service or Account Management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; willingness to develop public speaking ability
- Patience and enthusiasm for explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Existing understanding of successful marketing practices, or a willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate the value of services in the context of customer’s goals
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp’s features
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Ability to listen hard and change fast to meet changing business objectives and requirements
- Zendesk experience
- Some travel required (up to 15%)
- HTML/CSS experience
- Proven ability to help customers grow year over year
- Experience in mitigating attrition
- Experience working in a saas evironment
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.