Senior Director, Paid Media & Advertising
Mailchimp’s all-in-one marketing platform helps small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. We empower millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Mailchimp’s marketing platform puts your audience at the heart of your marketing so you can promote your business across email, social media, landing pages, ads, websites, postcards, and more—all from one place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, Mailchimp has 1,000+ employees and is privately held.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
We are looking for a seasoned, data-informed media and advertising leader with deep experience in media strategy, buying, execution, and optimization. The Senior Director of Paid Media and Advertising will lead the highly experienced team responsible for the planning, buying, execution, and optimization of the company’s media investments around the globe.
What you’ll do here:
- You will lead Mailchimp’s planning, strategy, execution, and measurement of all paid media and advertising investments for marketing campaigns globally
- Synthesize data, analyze results, identify trends, and optimize on key findings to achieve business goals & objectives
- Guide decisions as it pertains to investment in the martech stack, campaign performance software, and reporting dashboards
- Be accountable for agency relationships including campaign maintenance, advanced optimization, and overall campaign performance
- Measure and evaluate ability of campaigns to deliver on performance objectives and inform ongoing investment decisions
- Provide input to data governance, tagging, analytics, and data science investment and management decisions across the company
- Evaluate and implement relationships with key partners within the digital media ecosystem such as data providers, inventory providers, demand-side platforms and analytics vendors
- Partner with the Campaign team to ensure campaign messaging and creative is accurately planned, appropriate audiences are identified and budgets are set for paid media channels. Oversee the global media investment planning process on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Develop KPIs and corresponding requirements for all media and advertising investments
- Manage all aspects of our external agencies and technology partners, including budget, objectives, timelines, and planning processes
- Lead our ad tech stack strategy
- Develop and lead the processes for continuous optimizations and incrementality testing
- Develop weekly, monthly, and annual performance reporting
- Work collaboratively with Campaign Management, Marketing Analytics, Finance, Brand, and Product Marketing to achieve company objectives
- Develop the short-term and long-term roadmap for all paid media, advertising, and supporting ad technologies and infrastructure to drive optimal performance
- Lead and develop a team of highly experienced media experts
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have significant experience in managing Paid Media and Advertising for technology or consumer organizations
- You have significant experience in leading a paid media and advertising team
- You’re experienced in planning, executing, and optimizing a Paid Media and Advertising program with a budget in excess of $75M in multiple regions, languages, and publishers.
- You have experience at an agency or ad network or at a demand side platform creating and executing exchange based programmatic strategies. Must have real experience managing teams responsible for executing campaigns through DSPs, purchasing and using data, and advising marketing teams on audience buying strategies.
- You have multi-year experience managing global, multi-channel campaigns, DSPs, DMPs, strategies, 3rd Party data, pixel technologies, ad servers and all forms of online media
- You have a subject matter expert level understanding of performance advertising, search and metrics
- You are comfortable regularly presenting and reporting metrics to Executive Leadership
- You have expertise of the major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the media and advertising industries, and deep knowledge of the digital media buying ecosystem
- You have exceptional analytical and strategic thinking and ability to develop and present buying and optimization recommendations
- You have exceptional communication and presentation skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business.
We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!