Staff Engineer, Partners
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mission in the Partners Domain is to help our partners solve their clients’ problems. Our domain is focused on two major initiatives, the Service Partner Program and the Tech Partner Program.
We’re looking for a Staff-level engineer to provide technical leadership for the Tech Partner Program. This program of work is about creating products that enable third parties to build great integrations on – and perhaps within – Mailchimp. We want to provide a self-service suite of features that make developing on Mailchimp very attractive, to stimulate integrations that make Mailchimp much more useful to our customers. The project is in the very earliest stages of development, and you would be very involved in helping set the technical strategic direction.
You can expect to work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, QA, and other engineers to build intuitive and delightful software. You’ll be successful in our domain if you know that productive software development isn't only about shipping code.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have significant experience designing and implementing application architectures, and writing code that is highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You know when to introduce new technology, and when to make do with what we already have. You know which corners can be safely cut to hit an important deadline, and you’re excited to go back and improve them later.
- You know that you’re responsible for setting a great example, supporting other engineers in their work, and finding a balance between writing code and giving others the opportunity to grow, while ensuring we meet our goals.
- You are comfortable resolving ambiguity and excited about the prospect of shaping what we build as well as how we build it.
- You are able to prioritize work, identify dependencies, and facilitate technical decision making, and understand you are a key player in helping to drive the technical success of the project.
You should be comfortable working in a distributed team as you’ll be working with folks in multiple locations.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!