Senior Front End Software Engineer, Partners
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mission in the Partners domain is to help our partners solve their clients’ problems. Our domain is focused on two major initiatives, the Service Partner Program and the Tech Partner Program.
We’re looking for a senior front end focused engineer to help us build out the Tech Partner Program. This program of work is about creating products that enable third parties to build great integrations on – and perhaps within – Mailchimp. We want to provide a self-service suite of features that make developing on Mailchimp very attractive, to stimulate integrations that make Mailchimp much more useful to our customers. As a key initiative for the company in its very earliest stages, this work will have a direct and meaningful impact on whether Mailchimp achieves its goals for the year.
You can expect to work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, QA, and other engineers to build intuitive and delightful software. There’s lots of interesting things to build.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are very customer-focused and are always thinking about how we can create a great experience for our customers.
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably building and maintaining distributed applications professionally.
- You have a great understanding of front-end fundamentals like HTML, CSS, and JS/ES.
- You have depth of experience in at least one modern front-end framework and can speak to its benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You love building clean and testable components that can be reused in other parts of the application, but you’re also pragmatic and know when we just need to ship something.
- You’re a great partner to backend developers, and enjoy working together collaboratively to design an API interface that works well for both sides.
- You have great communication skills, and as a leader on a distributed team, understand the value of role modeling excellent written communication.
- You’re comfortable working in early-stage projects, where we don’t have all the answers immediately.
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment continuously delivering and rolling out features behind flags, and iterating on them as we learn more.
- You can work independently while also mentoring those around you.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience and interest in the React ecosystem
- Experience and interest in accessibility
- An appreciation for improving web performance
- Experience with front-end testing patterns
If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!