Director, Partner Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Partner Marketing team drives growth by building and enabling a community of freelancers, agencies, and designers around the world to help small businesses grow using Mailchimp. Our program enables these partners by providing specialized tools, training, insider access, and exposure to millions of small businesses looking for their services.
We are looking for a marketing leader with strong business acumen and deep experience creating go-to-market plans informed by data and analysis. The Director of Partner Marketing will lead our partner marketing efforts, including to attract new freelancers and agencies to Mailchimp, upleveling them to become partners, and championing them as a valuable resource for our customers’ marketing needs.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead integrated marketing programs that attract and acquire freelancers and agencies into our partner program and grow them over time
- Develop and execute highly-targeted nurture campaigns that encourage existing members and partners to take key actions to grow within the program
- Guide the partner enablement strategy to educate and reward partners for their use of Mailchimp’s products through webinars, enablement materials, incentives, and more
- Work collaboratively with leaders in Product, Design, Engineering, Finance, Legal, and Marketing to ensure that new product features, as well as new program benefits and requirements, are launched and communicated clearly to our partners
- Spearhead cross-functional initiatives that promote our partners and their services to customers and build new ways to connect them to one another
- Roll out new paid offerings and plans for freelancers and agencies
- Manage outside 3rd parties that support Mailchimp’s partner program efforts, including developing scopes of work, budget oversight, objective setting, timelines, and planning processes
- Work with Analytics to develop weekly and monthly reports that analyze the results of our marketing efforts and identify ways to optimize them to grow our program efficiently
- Serve as a key leader on the Partner Program team, including leading daily and weekly cross-functional meetings to foster collaboration and alignment, and drive effective decision making
- Manage a team of marketers who are passionate about growing our program and partner community
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have significant experience managing revenue-driven marketing teams at SaaS software or technology organizations
- You consider yourself a marketing generalist with strong business acumen, and thrive when creating go-to-market plans informed by data and analysis
- You have prior experience working in a revenue-driving marketing or strategy function, ideally with responsibility for pricing and payouts/incentives
- You’ve previously helped launch loyalty, partner, or referral programs
- You have deep knowledge of how to use digital marketing to acquire, nurture, and grow an audience over time
- You understand agencies and service businesses and their model for acquiring customers and growing their respective businesses (Bonus points if you’ve worked at an agency or been a freelancer yourself)
- You thrive when building something new - rather than running from ambiguity, you embrace it as an opportunity
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19