Process Manager, Engineering Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Process Manager, Engineering Operations to join our Engineering Operations Team in our Atlanta location. The Engineering Operations team has high impact on the Engineering organization, tackling complex problems faced by Engineering, and is tasked with creating synergies, process improvements, and other solutions that help our Engineers work more effectively and efficiently. This role will also be a point of contact within Engineering for working with internal teams (Communications, People Ops, Talent Acquisition, Finance, Talent Development, Product teams, and IT) on processes related to Staffing, Departmental Onboarding, Promotions, Procurement, and Training and more topics as needed. This role does not manage people. Process managers, project managers, technical writers, and analysts make up the Engineering Operations team.
- Evaluate existing business processes within Engineering using qualitative and quantitative methods to identify and make improvements that reduce toil and streamline systems and processes across a diverse scope of topics, maximizing organizational process efficiency
- Create documentation outlining proposed departmental process improvements and work with appropriate stakeholders and cross-functional teams to obtain buy-in for changes and new ways of operating
- Lead the design and delivery of departmental process support documentation (e.g. work aids, process descriptions, checklists, templates, training, and guides) to assist with process implementation, adoption, and sustained maintenance
- Collaboratively manage implementation of those process improvements to ensure solutions address the right problems at the right time and can be implemented with minimal disruption to the business; communicate and disseminate information to the appropriate audiences (both within Engineering and cross-functional internal partner teams)
- Conduct ongoing analyses of process improvements to ensure they remain relevant and solve the right problems in a rapidly changing Engineering department
- Update departmental procedures and policies to ensure Engineering employees are knowledgeable about process changes, and work with training teams where necessary to create and execute process training
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a dedication to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting organizational processes, procedures, business operations, documentation, and tools
- You have an understanding of diverse business processes across a wide range of topics
- You have implemented effective and efficient processes in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- You are skilled at navigating dialogue and discussions up, down, and across an organization
- You are comfortable operating with a high degree of ambiguity and independence, while also remaining committed to the goals of a team
- You have critical thinking, planning, organizational, and time management skills to include summarizing information and clearly identifying key elements, patterns, results, or relationships
- You possess knowledge of process mapping/modeling and business process reengineering
- You have expert-level systematic investigational skills – include gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources
- You demonstrate expert verbal and written communication skills, and are adept at working with teams and individuals at all levels within an organization
- You have the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in your work
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!