Senior Brand Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re also a very unique and imaginative brand that isn’t afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising and content in service of our mission and our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand Studio team. We drive our brand’s bold creative vision and uphold and evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits and inspires our employees and customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimp’s secret sauce.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Designer who will be a key contributor to our talented Brand Studio team as we scale into a world-class, award-winning in-house creative team.
What you’ll do here:
- Help push our brand expression forward with fresh, inventive ideas and astonishingly beautiful executions
- Lead and design Brand Studio projects and activations that include concepts, visual assets and treatments that live across internal and external media channels, spanning our entire brand spectrum of core identity to experimental explorations
- Translate our brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative expressions
- Manage and uphold design quality throughout every phase of a design project
- Partner with other cross-functional members of the CX/Design team and internal stakeholders to deliver initiatives collaboratively
- Occasionally support photo and video shoots, as well as other non-traditional creative production projects
- Champion Mailchimp’s brand standards and design systems across the business
- Contribute to our culture of creativity with curiosity, generosity, unexpected sources of inspiration, and a sense of humor
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a portfolio of successfully launched work that demonstrates conceptual and strategic thinking with a unique approach to problem-solving and storytelling
- You have advanced understanding and mastery of typography, illustration, composition, grid systems and overall expressive design aesthetics
- You have strong creative instincts with a willingness to push beyond what’s expected, using new tools, techniques and emerging technologies
- Your creativity is wonderfully hard to label—you’re a student of pop culture, you see what most people don’t, and you respond to problems with highly original solutions
- You have full command of the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign; bonus points for motion design, illustration and code
- You care as much about the big idea as you do about the kerning
- You’re an ambitious self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity
- You’re articulate, confident and assertive when presenting work and providing feedback
- You’re organized and self-driven, achieving results on time by independently creating process efficiencies, communicating progress along the way amid a busy project pipeline
- You learn, listen and lead quickly in a fast-paced creative environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!