Director of Strategic Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We’re looking for a Director of Strategy Analytics to lead the growth of the Strategic Analytics function of this team.
The Director of Strategic Analytics will work with our Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and other cross functional leaders to help evolve Mailchimp’s data & analytics capabilities and cross-organizational reporting to enable more strategic, data-driven decision making. In this role you will support the business on strategic analytics requests and drive on-going strategic initiative reporting to arm Mailchimp with insights that will help evaluate and steer our future. You will support the CFO and CSO with scoreboard reporting in order to evaluate business performance and create a single source of truth on business performance.You will also support the continuous evolution of data capabilities across both the strategy team and Mailchimp as a whole.
What you’ll do here:
- You will compile, analyze and interpret both internally and externally sourced data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to key Mailchimp leadership
- Provide consulting support for initiative owners to understand, define, and provide data to inform the problem and recommended solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding business analytical or operational data needs.
- Collate data from across Mailchimp to maintain a set of clear, consistent, and comprehensive executive scoreboards that clarify Mailchimp performance across functions on an on-going basis.
- Establish and drive appropriate scoreboard governance to ensure clear ownership, coordinated comprehensive delivery, and report consistency.
- Facilitate insight generation from scoreboard metrics.
- Continuously improve scoreboard reporting and processes (e.g., evolve and reprioritize visualizations, automate dashboards).
Data Capability Evolution:
- Coordinate with technology and data infrastructure/services teams to refine and streamline information lifecycle management solutions.
- Collaboratively develop and uphold cross-functionally aligned plan to ensure clarity around key data interfaces, corresponding responsibilities, and governance.
- Work closely with product teams and operational teams to boost and refine data capture to unlock insight potential.
- Support management and maintenance of Mailchimp’s database in a SQL/BigQuery environment
- Establish and drive agile cadence to report on strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with insights team and initiative owners to optimize a framework for the development, maintenance, and automation of reporting on initiative status, KPIs, risks, and roadblocks.
- Collate and disseminate digestible reporting information on both growth initiatives and strategic activation initiatives for senior leadership in-line with the agile cadence.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a background in mathematics, business insights, and/or statistical modeling with extensive work experience, preferably within management consulting, investment banking, venture capital/private equity, or other strategic/analytical roles.
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or extensive knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry is preferred.
- You have experience in leveraging structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting.
- You have advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and data modeling
- You are extremely proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, and web analytics solutions (e.g., Google Analytics)
- You are experienced in leveraging data visualization tech & tools (e.g., BigQuery, Tableau, Looker)
- You have working knowledge of data visualization programming languages (e.g., R, Python) is a plus
- You are a skilled communicator across all levels and business units cross functionally
- You are skilled in leading teams through large scale change
- You’re a collaborative leader with the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Master's degree in Data Science, Business Analytics or Business Administration is preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!