Principal Security Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp cares deeply about security and has dedicated, skilled security staff across several teams. We build security awareness into our processes and it is a fundamental part of company-wide training. We are constantly striving to build security into every system and product we produce while responding fiercely to all security threats against the company.
Are you seeking a dynamic position in security where you will positively impact both your peers and Mailchimp customers? If so, you might be the right person to fill the Principal Security Engineer role on our team. Our approach to security is a competitive advantage; as the company continues to grow those efforts require additional coordination and alignment with company strategy.
You will contribute directly to our security capabilities while also fitting our various security roadmaps and initiatives into an overall company posture. You can communicate effectively both upwards to our management team and across our engineering team. You love helping others balance the need to be secure with being pragmatic about getting features released to our customers. You prefer using tried and true technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our CISO and others to contribute to our overall security strategy.
- Work with our Chief Architect and other Principal and Staff Engineers to set the technical direction of the company.
- Work with our security team to define the technical security roadmap to support the company strategy and policies and the technical direction of the company.
- Lead and/or support the technical projects supporting our roadmaps.
- Participate in engineering/product planning, ensuring roadmaps and projects support the overall security strategy for the company.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, studying architecture/platform, and identifying integration issues.
- Identify security gaps in products, system architecture and processes, and evaluate and implement enhancements.
- Implement security systems by defining methodologies and solutions, and collaborating on installation and tuning.
- Mentor and train others.
- Contribute to engineering work, research, and investigation.
- Serve as a high level incident commander, connecting teams and resources, during security-related research and events.
- Assist with regulatory compliance and help ensure all related processes, documentation, and controls are followed and maintained rigorously.
- Maintain and work with high level contacts in industry, academia, and law enforcement.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 10 or more years of senior level technical experience in the security industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize complicated, technical projects.
- An extreme attention to detail and a role model for high standards.
- Deep hands on technical expertise around building and maintaining secure products and companies.
- Broad knowledge of techniques, tooling, threat models, and products spanning all aspects of security at a technology company including high end network and carrier considerations.
- Broad knowledge of security disciplines such as vulnerability assessment/management, intrusion detection and prevention systems, access control, secure system architecture, secure software development, etc.
- CISSP preferred.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.