Software Engineer, Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build and support applications, automations and tools that reduce toil for Mailchimp’s Engineering organization. You will also develop patterns and tooling to manage our fleet of infrastructure in both data centers and public cloud. You enjoy automating repetitive tasks using a variety of languages and tools. You’re driven to help engineers work faster and more efficiently with fewer errors.
You are a self-directed, experienced programmer who is adept at implementing features in mature codebases as well as crafting new tools. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but also value working with teammates to design and develop healthy applications. You possess a strong point of view and demonstrate good programming habits. You are well-versed in using proven technologies to solve complex problems, yet you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You're comfortable using git in a continuous integration environment, and you're not afraid to dig into infrastructure management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Terraform. You have a working knowledge of Systems Engineering and administration of Linux operating systems, Kubernetes clusters, or Docker containers. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What you'll do:
- Provide software, APIs, and automations that reduce toil and make work easier using Python/Django, Golang, and Bash
- Work with other team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Support production software through an on-call rotation shared amongst the Operations team
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Empower team members through technical mentoring and sharing expertise through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have extensive experience with Python, Golang, PHP, Terraform, Kubernetes/GKE, or GCP Cloud Run
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Are passionate about building great tools and automations
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.