Corporate Financial Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a well rounded financial analyst to join our Finance team and work directly with the Director of Finance to maintain the financial integrity of the organization. You'll ensure that the company maintains sound financial management practices while producing and analyzing financial insights across all operations related to budgeting, forecasting and metrics analysis.
What you'll do here:
- Support Director in providing timely and effective management reporting and analytics, including monthly BVA analyses and performance of key metrics
- Perform financial close and forecast activities, analyze actual results and provide guidance for short/long-term financial improvements
- Assist in developing ad-hoc analyses and financial models to provide decision support and go-forward recommendations tied to strategic initiatives
- Assist in development of financial reporting presentations
- Work closely with business and cost center owners on expense roll-up and management review
- Assist in development, preparation and analysis of the annual budget
- Own financial forecasting models in our financial planning system
- Create quantitative analyses and findings from large datasets and translate into accessible visuals, providing a clear view into interpreting the data
- Collaborate with all Finance functional areas including Corporate Development, Accounting, Tax and Treasury.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong ability to build advanced financial models in all areas of operations
- You have an MBA or bachelor's degree in finance or a related field and 5+ years of experience in finance
- Expert knowledge with MS Excel (SQL background a plus) and proficient in all other Microsoft Office programs
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of operations/functions
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!