Sr. Learning Experience Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
In collaboration with the Talent Development team and internal and external subject matter experts, the Sr. Learning Experience Designer will assess, develop, and advise on highly effective, engaging, and relevant learning resources across mediums and for diverse employee groups. Ultimately, this role will design creative, scalable and repeatable content and programs that empower employees to make an impact with confidence.
The Sr. Learning Experience Designer will design and develop learning solutions and programs applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (including blended, virtual synchronous, and asynchronous) and supports the business goals of the department or organization. They’ll develop and maintain training best practices and standards, from experience design to experience assessments. They’ll work with program leads, SMEs, learning partners, and other collaborators and stakeholders on the creation of customized learning resources consistent with these standards and measuring and demonstrating organizational impact.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with People Partners and Talent Development team to design and develop learning solutions
- Guide and monitor content selection, curation, and shelf-life of current content and update and enhance learning content and modalities as needed
- Experiment with new content design formats and learning models to foster highest levels of employee engagement and development
- Develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia based assets.
- Leverage rapid course development techniques to produce, test, and iterate on content and enable fast delivery
- Use project management tools and skills to manage medium to large scale content development projects
- Determine the best modality for delivering learning topics based on learning group profiles
- Foster partnerships with key SMEs across the business to amplify knowledge centers and empower employees with access to relevant learning content; partner with SMEs to conceptualize and create learning content content, scripts, storyboards, and produce digital and/or in-person learning experiences
- Engage 3rd party learning partners where appropriate
- In collaboration with People Partners and Talent Development team, monitor training content effectiveness and develop measures to demonstrate training value and impact over time
- Develop and communicate guidelines and standards for content development
- Drive best practices and standardization/branding across learning initiatives
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of Instructional Design experience with 3+ years focused on virtual design
- Ability to operate and thrive independently in fast paced and ambiguous environment with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Proven experience taking complex business concepts and converting them to creative, engaging, and relevant learning experiences
- Strong program manager with exceptional communication, planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience analyzing needs for a variety of learning events to determine learning objectives and learning lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design developing learning deliverables for blended, virtual, self-paced, and in-class delivery (including use of eLearning Authoring software, such as Articulate Storyline, Vyond, Adobe Creative Suite) and Virtual Classroom (including Zoom)
- Multimedia Development experience creating educational audio and video, including script writing and storyboarding (voiceover training and experience a bonus)
- Experience with graphic design for learning (documentation, presentations, guides, self-paced modules, etc.) and graphic learning software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) or SnagIt
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, and develop, and manage learning development projects
- Experience using data collection, research, and analysis to evaluate project outcomes and improve individual and organizational performance
- Prior experience with Exceed LMS and Evolve authoring tool
- Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology
- Demonstrated teaching and meeting facilitation experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Vancouver and are happy to have a small but growing office outside of the downtown core in Mount Pleasant (a 10 minute walk from the Main Street–Science World Skytrain station). If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.