Vice President of Culture & Inclusion
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Vice President of Culture & Inclusion who will work with the People and Culture Leadership Team and executive leadership to define, refine and coordinate the implementation of Mailchimp’s culture, engagement, diversity and inclusion strategy as a way of harnessing the collective talent of our organization, creating competitive advantage for Mailchimp in the marketplace and fueling growth and the pursuit of new markets. In this role, you will also consult with senior stakeholders on strategic challenges, action planning, program design and implementation in their respective areas. You will evaluate opportunities, frame options and decision choices, and facilitate constructive dialogue to drive positive outcomes.
Our current employment value proposition, which is summarized as “community, impact and growth”, underpins all aspects of the experience we want to create for our employees throughout their relationship with Mailchimp - from being a prospective employee, through hiring, onboarding, finding their community amongst colleagues, doing work that has the greatest impact, developing and advancing their careers, to transitioning out of the Company.
What you'll do here:
- In partnership with the People and Culture Leadership Team, establish and implement culture assessment and measurement strategies including: culture norms and behaviors; diversity, equity and inclusion; employee listening and engagement; employee experience and other organizational culture drivers, in order to better understand our culture and work dynamics and to inform more decisions with data.
- Contribute to the ongoing implementation, refinement and development of People Roadmap initiatives, by identifying and integrating culture-development objectives into people practices, partnering with Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Total Rewards, People Operations, People Analytics and People Systems leaders and teams to enable effective strategy deployment.
- In partnership with relevant stakeholders, establish implementation plans which allow culture strategy to be translated into action and results so that specific measurable progress is made (including embedding cultural norms and leadership behaviors, DE&I action plans, engagement survey action planning, etc.), in pursuit of business growth goals.
- Work with individual teams to create strategies across Mailchimp that contribute to organizational strengthening and capability building, in order to drive the right cultural change in support of business outcomes.
- Steward the effective development and functioning of Business Employee Resource Groups and other networks, through clear chartering, leadership and governance, as a mechanism to drive meaningful employee connections and positive business impact.
- Partner with the Communications & Corporate Affairs / Corporate Citizenship teams and business leaders to develop, communicate and implement the DE&I strategy aligned with the company culture, values and behaviors - leveraging our strengths and addressing gaps.
- In conjunction with Communications & Corporate Affairs / Corporate Citizenship, build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, community partners and outside organizations, keeping a pulse on industry trends and market news as it relates to best practices and opportunities around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and representing Mailchimp to build our brand and business opportunity.
- Consult with business units to determine needs and provide guidance for the design of diversity based solutions that align with business unit objectives and Mailchimp’s overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition leadership on clear strategies to enhance market awareness and engagement with underrepresented talent pools while also developing and maintaining a continuous employer marketing strategy to diverse communities of talent.
- In partnership with Talent Development leadership, develop programs that support the effective development of employees from underrepresented minorities that afford equity in career growth opportunity.
- Drive internal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs, partnering with the Learning and Development team to embed inclusion into existing programs and build a DE&I curriculum that improves individual, leader and organizational capability in this area.
- Measure, monitor, track, interpret, and share data about all aspects of the employee experience / employment lifecycle, working with People Analytics and other teams to inform decision making with relevant data.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure alignment between our externally-focused recruitment brand and our overall employment value proposition.
- Provide onboarding / acculturation to all new employees to managers, collaborating with Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and hiring managers to ensure a seamless, integrated approach that is designed to enable new hires to become effective and realize their full business impact as quickly as possible.
- Ensure the design, development and deployment of ongoing refinements to onboarding processes, systems and approaches that are inspiring, consistent with our overall employment value proposition, and effective / scalable in diverse locations and delivery modes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and gaps in programs or people practices that contribute to our culture development. Integrate into existing plans or operational activity to ensure a continuous improvement in our results.
- Ensure the development and delivery of a diverse, curated range of employee events and programming which enable employees to establish a sense of community, drive engagement, and support organizational learning, culture development and business outcomes.
- In conjunction with Communications, Corporate Citizenship and Talent Development, establish and lead a curatorial function which supports the selection of effective events and programs which align consistently with broader organizational goals and culture-development objectives.
- Provide thought leadership on change management as it relates to organizational and people processes and practices and, in particular, their impact on driving culture change.
- Add personal insight, galvanize discussion and debate across the organization on key culture-related issues, generate ideas and creative frameworks, and use a combination of facts, judgment and personal impact to build credibility and influence outcomes.
- Collaborate with the People & Culture Leadership Team members in making presentations to broader Mailchimp leadership, employees and key external constituencies on related issues.
We'd Love to Hear From You If:
- You have extensive broad-based HR experience in a range of industry sectors / environments, to include each of the following:
- generalist strategic human resources business partnering in a U.S. and global setting
- diversity and inclusion in a U.S. and global setting
- employee engagement and enablement measurement and strategy development
- talent management
- talent acquisition
- You have a demonstrated track record in developing and deploying people and culture strategy into a business, managing change, creating leadership sponsorship and alignment and managing risks and issues to enable successful execution.
- You have knowledge and direct experience of working in a high growth, technology environment.
- You have a strategic mindset and can anticipate future trends and implications accurately.
- You ensure accountability and instill trust- following through on commitments and make sure others do the same. You show consistency between words and actions.
- You have the ability to manage complex situations and ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems.
- You learn quickly when facing new situations and use experiments to find new solutions.
- You readily take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and use lessons learned from failures and mistakes.
- You are a collaborator and work cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You have the ability to understand your own interests while being fair to others and their areas.
- You easily gain the support and trust of others.
- You have extensive experience in building effective, diverse teams who feel valued, included and inspired to do great work.
- You are a customer focused leader who is able to gain insight into customer needs and identify opportunity that benefit them
- You have the ability to make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information and can rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.