Software Engineer III
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an engineer with an interest in engineering infrastructure to join our team. The Engineering Enablement team provides tooling that powers the future of application development and operations here at Mailchimp. You are a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys the trade-offs and complexities involved in implementing new features in a mature codebase. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you're aware that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them. You're comfortable using git in a continuous Integration environment, and you're not afraid to dig into configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
What you'll do:
- Build software for the next generation of Mailchimp’s infrastructure and application using Go, PHP, and Google Cloud Platform services
- Share expertise with development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features, and preferably an interest or capability in backend/infrastructure engineering
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You are passionate for building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- You are happy straddling the line between dev and ops, adding value to both
- You have experience in cloud infrastructure and application development including, but not limited to: API Management, Container Management, DevOps ,CI/CD, Hybrid Cloud, Security, Serverless Computing, Virtual Machines
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.