Senior Product Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for senior product designers who care deeply about their customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.As a Senior Product Designer at Mailchimp, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and work transparently to create designs based on findings from research, experiment results and feedback from your team
- Are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design
- Have a learn-through-experimentation mindset to solving both customer problems and business needs
- Love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar
- Work from clear problems, hypotheses and goals based on research and data
- Work iteratively and love learning fast, taking action and reacting quickly to learnings and focusing on results
- Are customer focused and value diverse perspectives
- Work on a team with a product manager, several engineers, product marketing, content strategy, research and product analytics to to create holistic end-to-end experiences across domains
- Explore and refine concepts and narrow to the best solution quickly
- Work in FIGMA (and other prototyping tools) to deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems — defined by insights and data on web, mobile, or multiple platforms.
- Lead the creation of unified experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual and beautiful
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users — both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs)
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy and guide product teams
- Raise the quality bar for design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
- Create research plans and participate in customer research
- Can show experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, and domains
- Seek to understand and believes that diverse perspectives are the key to a successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for modern and best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer centric approaches to work
- You deeply understand how modern technologies are used with design (CSS, React JS…)
- Love best practices as much as an opportunity to try something just crazy enough to work
- You have experience or a desire to mentor
- You believe you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within and evolving design systems
- Know how to measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with strategy
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!