Senior Accountant (Revenue)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is looking to add a Senior Accountant to help manage the financial needs of our growing software company. We need a serious number cruncher to join us in our not-so-serious work environment. Roll up your sleeves and jump in those books...we are looking for a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency all mixed up with a passion for what you do.
What you’ll do here:
- Provide support in determining proper accounting for products and services including new introductions
- Build expanded revenue reporting to bridge the gap from accounting to analytics
- Improve the revenue accounting processes through simplification and automation
- Analyze interim financials for accuracy and consistency of transaction recording
- Prepare monthly revenue-related account reconciliations
- Improve and maintain process documentation
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist or manage special ad hoc projects and processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in Accounting
- You have a CPA and recent public accounting experience
- You likely have 3-4 years of accounting experience
- You have strong technical knowledge of accounting principles
- You have comprehensive knowledge of and experience implementing ASC 606 related to SaaS/software subscription companies
- You are self-motivated with good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet required deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-pace setting and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- You have experience with an ERP system preferred (NetSuite is a plus!)
- You likely have experience with Google suite
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.