Marketing Manager, Paid Social Media
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
We are looking for a creative, strategic, data savvy leader to join our Integrated Marketing team to oversee our Paid Social Strategy and to help guide and scale our paid social programs. The Manager, Paid Social will be responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of all Mailchimp media campaigns within the Paid Social environment. You will also play an integral role in the day to day partnership with our Media agency and third-party vendors. You will also bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering success, achieving revenue growth and cultivating the experience within this channel.
What You'll do here:
- Paid Social Media Program Assistance: Under the guidance of the Director, Paid Media, collaborate with key marketing stakeholders to formulate, develop and execute Mailchimp's paid social strategy to align with subscriber acquisition goals and initiatives.
- Paid Social Media Optimization and Reporting: Ensure social media KPIs are documented, accurate, tracked and that campaigns are optimized against them. Understand the relationships between key social media metrics and be able to interpret data sets and draw insights from the numbers.
- Social Media Advertising Subject Matter Expertise: Measure efficacy of social media campaigns across all major publishers. Recommend and evaluate targeting and outline detailed segmentation strategies throughout the customer journey. Stay informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, particularly with regards to ad tech, privacy and branding.
- Media Agency and Vendor Management: Be confident in working with outside media agencies and third-party vendors (Facebook, LinedIN, pinterest, Twitter etc.) to hold them accountable. Oversee media spend and accountable for agreed-upon KPIs for our campaigns. Review agency reporting, making optimization recommendations when necessary, and track changes and updates to completion.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with the organic Social Media, Brand, Product and Partner Marketing teams to ensure social strategy aligns with initiative goals, objectives and customer journey. Develop a comprehensive paid social calendar that complements organic social strategy and includes creative testing and messaging roadmaps. Work with the Marketing teams to provide media recommendations, reporting/analysis, testing recommendations, and answer ad hoc questions. Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to develop and evaluate benchmarks and KPIs for measuring program effectiveness. Work with Marketing Analytics and Web Ops to implement and maintain best-in-class tagging solutions.
- Reporting and Optimization: Provide agreed-upon reports and analysis of media for internal stakeholders. Evaluate performance against goals and objectives. Review media budget forecast and partner allocations. Suggest testing methodologies and experiments to improve performance.
- Brand and Product Stewardship: Understand the MailChimp brand and the value to our end-users, infusing that into all programs. Keep up to date on our Product to understand business priorities and consumer challenges.
We’d Love to Hear From You If:
- You have media experience (8+ years) in advertising, preferably at both the agency and client side with extensive experience managing Paid Social campaigns
- A passion for social media and experience scaling campaigns across all major social outlets
- Experience in managing media budgets of $15 million+
- Experience managing external agencies
- You have a strong understanding of advertising programs and strategies across a number of channels, with an emphasis on social media platforms
- Background in the software space, with global experience if possible
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Deep understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving performance and improving the customer experience
- Thorough understanding of media attribution and campaign automation
- Expertise and comfort collaborating closely with analytics groups
- Demonstrated experience managing and bringing to market marketing campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented and ever-changing environment
- Strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19