Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a corporate paralegal to join the Mailchimp legal team. As a member of the team, you will work with Mailchimp’s in-house attorneys, outside counsel, and internal business leaders. This Corporate Paralegal position will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys engaged in corporate transactions, strategic investment, and M&A activities.
Our ideal candidate has a background in corporate transactions and general corporate governance. Experience with legal issues related to corporate transactional law is required. Superior analytical skills and a teamwork-driven attitude are of paramount importance.
What you'll do here:
- Maintain and file company corporate records and organizational documents, including operating agreements, resolutions, annual reports, and other related corporate organizational documents.
- Prepare, review and maintain written consents, minutes, resolutions, certifications, corporate legal structure chart and other corporate documentation as needed.
- Assist with new corporate entity formations, both domestic and international, draft related formation documents, and file such documents with the relevant agencies.
- Docket and maintain required corporate filings and licensing requirements for both domestic and international entities.
- Provide contract support for a wide range of agreements, such as non-disclosure, independent contractor, and partnership agreements
- Work with others on the legal team to monitor contract dates/expirations and coordinate with business leaders regarding these dates and related requirements.
- Assist with organizing and tracking intellectual property assets.
- Provide administrative support for the legal department.
- Assist and support M&A and strategic investment transactions, including managing due diligence, preparing and managing closing documents, preparing closing binders, tracking key dates, etc.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum five (5) years of experience as a Paralegal in a law firm or an in-house legal department.
- You have proficiency with Google Suite preferred.
- You have a deep understanding of domestic corporate registration procedures and the ability to coordinate with foreign legal counsel for maintenance and formation of foreign subsidiaries.
- You have very strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, collaborate with diverse business groups, and build interdepartmental relationships at all levels.
- You have a team-oriented attitude and ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.