Brand Studio Intern (Design)
Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional department comprised of product, web, UX, visual, and motion designers. We work with just about every department and team from product to marketing to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
Our Design team is looking for someone who is highly collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving design critiques. We are looking for someone who is passionate about brand design, with interests in web and mobile technology. The ideal candidate is always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems with an awareness for detail and an eye for sharp visual design. If you’ve got a healthy curiosity for how things work, a dedication to bringing a shared vision to life, and you are ready to grow in your design career, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Execute design projects in compliance with brand standards
- Collaborate with designers, writers, web developers, photographers, and project managers to deliver beautiful and communicative design
- Deliver design assets and systems that meet business goals as defined by project leadership
- Support the design team on print, digital, social, video, premiums and experiential assignments
- Build clean and professional presentations whether it be a brief for an external partner or a creative deck for internal partners
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid typography and layout skills
- Online portfolio demonstrating a variety of projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating as well as working independently
- Photo, motion, and/or video experience a plus
- Studio art (various mediums) experience a plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.