Customer & Marketing Insights Intern (Research)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Dates: May 17th or June 7th
What you’ll do:
As part of the Marketing Insights & Analytics team, you will leverage research to help the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our products fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We use methods such as interviews, customer visits, surveys, and competitor analysis to learn about customers and the marketplace - and we want your help designing, executing, analyzing, and sharing this research! You will collaborate with Researchers across our team, as well as others in Marketing, Product Management, and Design. You will act as “the voice of our customers,” and the insights you produce will be used to inform Mailchimp’s marketing strategy, product development, and customer experience.
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Keenly observant and able to synthesize information to tell a compelling narrative
- An excellent collaborator, but also comfortable working independently when needed
- A strong writer and communicator
- A good listener that is curious, humble, and willing to learn
- Resourceful and able to hunt down information and evaluate sources for quality
- Organized, thorough, and enjoy keeping track of a lot of information
- Bonus points for experience in any of the following:
- Drafting, creating, sending, and analyzing surveys
- Recruiting interview participants
- Conducting interviews
- Customer journey and persona creation
- Working with data in Excel / Google Sheets and PowerPoint / Google Slides
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.