Creative Campaigns Intern (Art Director/Copywriter)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start dates: May 17th & June 7th
The Mailchimp in-house creative team is a diverse, multidisciplinary motley crew of courageous souls and fearless thinkers, made up of award-winning designers, art directors and copywriters, animators, content specialists, and creative directors, photographers, videographers, and editors. Through our work, we champion and inspire the small business underdog. We do full 360 campaigns working with some of the most talented artists, production companies, and agencies in the world. We’re a relatively new team with the goal of becoming an in-house agency of the year within the next two years.
Our team is looking for creative folks who are humble but hungry. Who have heart and hustle. Who care about the craft and love the idea of making work that falls somewhere in between the category of expert and absurdist. Folks who aren’t afraid to fail, who are ready to learn, roll up their sleeves and get down to business. We want folks who are curious and clever, who have outside passions and interests as well as a point-of-view. We’re looking for people to add to the work. To challenge us and the status quo. Who wants to help us make a dent in pop culture and the small business marketing platform world. We also want folks who care about small business and everything that comes with it, and most importantly, we want folks who are willing to give it everything they have in hopes of making the best work of their lives.
What you’ll do:
- At Mailchimp, our in-house creative team does a lot. But this copywriter and art director duo will help concept on everything from high-level brand campaigns to small level social initiatives and everything in between including, emails, events, annual reports, branded content, internal videos, games, branded swag, and other Mailchimp brand initiatives. This dynamic duo will be treated as a working extension of the team, supporting senior creatives and managing their projects while working with creative ops and creative directors. They’ll take part in creative reviews; they’ll present their work out to the team, participate in shoots, shadow different disciplines, and soak up as much info as they can. We hope this team can inspire us just as much as we want to inspire them.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have passion and interest in creative advertising and design
- You have a well rounded portfolio of original and interesting work with a focus on craft and creative problem solving
- You have working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products, familiar with After Effects or editorial software
- You are familiar with camera work and coding is a bonus
- You are skilled in Keynote or Google Slides and comfortable making presentation decks
- You should be either on the art or copy track or in a creative design school or advertising portfolio program
- You are a team player who is ready to contribute to our merry band of misfits and makers
- You can apply jointly as a team (art director and copywriter) or solo as an individual creative (art director or copywriter) that we’ll pair later
- If applying as a team - both parties must complete an application and put your partners name below in the specified box
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.