Product Marketing Intern
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th & June 7th
Our ideal candidate is early in their marketing career and is looking to challenge themselves by working in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly organized and creative go-getter with excellent verbal and written communication skills who’s able to juggle a number of tasks at once. They must also have a solid working knowledge of Mailchimp’s products. This role will help establish foundational marketing practices at Mailchimp, with plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and sharpen their marketing toolkit.
Product Marketing is the core marketing discipline responsible for bringing our product to market. This type of marketing does not end at pre-launch or launch, but rather embraces an ongoing course of continuously messaging, promoting, and developing the product to meet customer needs at all stages of the product life cycle - sunrise to sunset.
We’re recruiting 8 Product Marketing interns across various functions, including eCommerce, developer marketing, mobile, competitive strategy, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with Product and Marketing teams to understand and communicate the product strategy
- Leverage customer insights, product knowledge, and industry research to develop marketing messaging and positioning for new and existing products
- Execute on the strategy across various marketing channels, set campaign goals, and deliver campaign results
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Pursuing a major in marketing or business, and/or equivalent internship or work experience
- Working knowledge of Google Suite tools
- Strong working knowledge of Mailchimp’s products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborative working skills
- Effective communicator and proactive problem solver
- Creatively-minded and analytically-grounded
- Comfortable balancing multiple tasks and projects
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.