Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multi-channel campaigns, CRM, ecommerce and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from product, to engineering, to brand and marketing to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
For this position, we are open to mid-level or senior-level product designers who care deeply about their customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We're looking for those who naturally do your best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing. You love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar. You are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
We're excited to be adding to our Commerce team with a fully remote design position. The commerce team is a distributed and largely remote team that spans both remote and distributed offices from Vancouver to Atlanta. Given the nature of the Commerce team, you should be comfortable and excited about building a remote design process and culture with office support in our Oakland and Vancouver locations.
What you'll do here:
- Deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems — defined by insights and data on web, mobile, or multiple platforms
- Lead the creation of a wide variety of commerce tools and related experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual and beautiful
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users — both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs)
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Work with engineering, product management, data, and marketing, etc to create holistic end-to-end experiences across domains
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy and guide product teams
- Raise the quality bar for design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Can show experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products (commerce experience a big plus)
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, and domains
- Seek to understand and believes that diverse perspectives are the key to a successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for modern and best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer centric approaches to work
- Deeply understand how modern technologies are used with design (CSS, React JS…)
- Love best practices as much as an opportunity to try something just crazy enough to work
- You believe you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within and evolving design systems
- Know how to measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with strategy
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.