Chief Information Security Officer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a highly experienced CISO to collaborate across the organization on the successful creation and execution of our company-wide security programs. This function will report to the General Counsel and will work with other company stakeholders to define, drive, and implement Mailchimp’s security strategy to protect the business from security threats and cyber-attacks. In this role you will work closely and cross-functionally with Legal, Finance, IT, Engineering, and other executive stakeholders to ensure the entire Mailchimp ecosystem is secure from threats.
Our team is highly collaborative and supportive of each other, you should excel and thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group and with candid feedback. You should be eager to support your peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how Mailchimp operates as an organization.
What you'll do here:
- Create and implement a strategy for the further development of long-range policies and practices for our company-wide security, including information security policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data
- Work with other parts of the organization to establish long-range corporate policies and protocols related to our company-wide security posture, including policies and procedures that protect the organization’s digital assets
- Develop and communicate guidelines and controls to mitigate risks and to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements, corporate security to safeguard a secure business environment
- Stay ahead of the global threat landscape and the technologies used to defend Mailchimp’s corporate assets
- Track the latest technical security innovations and stay up to date with the latest cyber security technologies
- Drive change projects and build new capabilities that support a secure environment
- Effectively communicate and educate Mailchimp’s employees from all functions on the purpose and vision of our security strategies
- Work with the technical security team to provide guidance on internal/external audits as needed
- Establish and iterate on system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development as well as conducting preparedness tests
- Advise senior leadership by identifying critical security issues and recommending risk-reduction solutions
- Advise other parts of the organization on general security topics, such as overall corporate security and physical security
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and information technology fields. At least 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- You have excellent people leadership skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- You have a proven track record of building inclusive and high quality security organizations
- You are able to communicate and collaborate with leadership as the subject matter expert in security, while putting threats and incidents into business context
- You have significant experience in developing information security policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of the business
- You have experience in dealing with internal / external auditors
- You have experience with colocation and cloud services spanning multiple countries
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!