Senior Manager, Product Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a strategic and experienced Insights leader who can bring an understanding of analytics and the ability to apply those analytics to solve real customer and business problems. In this role, you’ll be managing and developing a team of managers and analysts to help them deliver value by translating data into strategic insights that drive Product decisions at Mailchimp. You’ll communicate opportunities for business growth and optimizations to department leadership, and coach your team on delivering compelling insights that drive business decisions. You will also be responsible for maintaining an intake process for your team, allocating resources effectively, communicating the impact of larger projects to department leadership, and ensuring focus on work that is most valuable for the company.
As a Senior Manager of Product Analytics, you will work cross-functionally with other leaders in Product Analytics, UX Research, Market Insights, Design, Engineering, and Product Management to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will be able to combine a deep knowledge of analytics with effective storytelling and a passion for coaching and mentoring people, and scaling teams effectively.
What you’ll do here:
- Grow the Product Analytics team through hiring, coaching, training and mentoring existing team members
- Effectively manage a process for the team’s work and resource allocation
- Evangelize Product Analytics and Mailchimp’s Strategic Vision vision through effective communication approaches and a deep understanding of the customer, based on thorough analysis and research
- Partner with the Director of Product Analytics to translate the Company’s strategic vision into clear measurable goals.
- Define qualitative and quantitative metrics for Product Initiatives and coach a team of Product Analysts to define these goals within their Domains
- Enable the development of research and analysis in support of KPIs through partnership with other insights disciplines
- Coach a team of managers and product analysts effectively deliver actionable analysis in support of Mailchimp’s strategic direction and go-to-market strategy
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives around the impact of Analytics and opportunities to improve the Customer Experience within the Product
- Partner with Product Insights, Strategy, and Engineering teams to create consistent definitions of KPIs and data tracking requirements to be used throughout the company
- Consult with product domains and work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Insights, and other key stakeholders to develop and implement strategies and processes that leverage insights to fuel design and business decisions through optimizations and new feature development
- Ensure cross-functional teams are able to learn and manage the experimentation and measurement process from end to end.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7 or more years experience in an analytics focused role
- You have significant experience translating data into actionable insights and demonstrated ability to use data to drive business decisions
- You are experienced leading teams of both individual contributors and managers
- You are a strong communicator, collaborator, and problem-solver
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- You have experience with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- You possess expertise with experimentation tools, specifically Optimizely
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and making strategic recommendations
- You are proficient in SQL, Web Analytics
- You have the ability to work and communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to analyze data and solve problems
- You have strong collaboration skills and proven ability to gain trust and influence others
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to present and communicate insights & data to senior management
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree preferred (business or mathematics)
- Nice to have: Experience in Growth strategy and retention analysis
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.