Senior Manager of Strategy Activation
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp that supports both the creation and deployment of strategy. We're looking for a Senior Manager of Strategy Activation to partner with company leaders and initiative owners to build and manage strategy plans for key projects that maximize value.
The Senior Manager of Strategy Activation will report to the Senior Director of Strategy to support the CSO (Chief Strategy Officer) and other company leaders to support the activation of major strategic initiatives across the company. The Senior Manager of Strategy Activation will work at the intersection of strategy and execution and will play a critical role in ensuring the success of Mailchimp’s most important projects. This person will help evaluate strategic priorities and opportunities, build plans that maximize growth and company value, frame options and facilitate trade-off decisions, and ensure strategic projects are successful.
What you’ll do here
- Act as part of an internal consulting team that supports initiative owners in managing Mailchimp’s most important projects
- Help to define the strategic initiatives (or “Big Bets”) that will enable Mailchimp to achieve its goals and objectives, including growth targets
- Identify major open questions surrounding growth plans and create frameworks to organize the problem and identify option spaces.
- Use frameworks to socialize with key stakeholders and guide problem-solving approach.
- Conduct external/competitor research, market sizing and growth projections to define the business targets and major growth levers for key projects
- Partner with initiative owners to build comprehensive roadmaps that accomplish initiative’s key objectives within set timelines, including prioritization and sequencing of major milestones
- Identify and research new opportunities, including sizing and business case development. Help to socialize opportunities with senior leadership across the company to ensure buy-in
- Ensure key initiatives are achieving business objectives through proactive monitoring and analysis. Conduct ad-hoc deep-dive analyses to identify and recommend adjustments to strategy as needed.
- When major decisions or changes are needed, help to identify option sets, evaluate trade-offs through quantitative analysis and scenario modeling, and support senior leaders in finalizing and communicating decisions
- Act as a steward of Mailchimp’s Corporate Strategy by communicating strategic priorities across teams and leadership levels, and by ensuring strategic alignment within and across key projects
- Support CSO and Senior Director of Strategy and Planning in “always-on” strategy processes, including annual planning, new opportunity research, and creation of executive level presentations
- Assist in building the Strategy Office at Mailchimp through mentorship and coaching of new team members and facilitation of new team processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years of applied work experience in corporate or business development, corporate strategic planning, finance or related field, preferably with management consulting experience
- You have prior experience participating in or leading strategic planning activities, including demonstrated experience designing & enabling execution of complex, cross-functional initiatives, within a large-scale transformation context preferred.
- You are comfortable creating frameworks to organize, explain, and solve problems
- You have proven experience structuring ambiguous problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), synthesizing into insights, and driving toward actionable recommendations
- You are an influential communicator and are able to clearly explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry is highly valued.
- You have proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, and quantitative modeling
- You’re able to balance strong attention to detail while framing the big picture
- You are a fast learner with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains.
- You bring a creative approach to problem-solving and thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You are highly motivated and able to drive work forward independently
- MBA is preferred, but not required
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!