Web Marketing Intern
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
The Website Marketing team provides channel expertise for Mailchimp.com for marketing strategy and development operations. As part of this team, the Web Merchandising group collaborates with other marketers and channel experts to acquire new users. We monitor site trends and data to provide a data-driven, business-oriented perspective to website projects and marketing campaigns.
Our ideal candidate is pursuing a marketing career and is looking to challenge themselves by working in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly organized and creative go-getter with excellent verbal and written communication skills who’s able to juggle a number of tasks at once. They must also have a solid working knowledge of Mailchimp’s products. This role will help establish foundational marketing practices at Mailchimp, with plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and sharpen their marketing toolkit.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively across teams throughout the company to conduct analysis and create new frameworks to analyze existing and upcoming website marketing efforts
- Create and use a replicable marketing analytics framework to visualize results
- Identify trends, cull insights, and derive implications of web performance across different criteria (i.e. segments, traffic sources, page types, content types)
- Assist with the creation and presentation of website and content performance, including recommendations for how to focus our efforts moving forward in website marketing
We’d love to hear from you if: or you have:
- Strong working knowledge of Mailchimp’s products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong interest in the SaaS or e-commerce space
- Bonus points for experience in any of the following:
- Data analysis and visualization
- Google Analytics
- Content management systems
- Presentation creation and storytelling
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or G-suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.