Director of People Data and Systems
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Director of People Data and Systems who is responsible for hands-on design, implementation, communication and administration of HRIS Systems that support Mailchimp’s strategic objectives around talent acquisition, retention,total rewards, development, engagement and inclusivity. In partnership with the People and Culture leadership teams, you will design and deliver People processes, solutions, reporting and business analytics that drive and sustain strategic decision making. You will place emphasis on innovation through automation, continuous improvement, system enhancements and data integrity. Additionally, the role will lead efforts around people analytics such as workforce reports and dashboards, including identifying key trends and opportunities.
What you'll do here:
Human Resource Information Systems
- You will provide leadership, strategic direction and analysis to oversee the organization's People system. This includes system configuration, business process management, and security maintenance.
- You will create short and long-term goals and objectives for system builds, operations, processes, data flows, security, reporting, and analytics.
- You will collaborate with Information Technology (IT) and People teams to implement improvements in functionality and training where necessary for an excellent employee experience. This role combines process excellence, leadership, technology and partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience in support of our business objectives
- Collaborate with the Chief People and Culture Officer and the Senior Director of People to further develop a strategy to optimize the Workday platform to meet business objectives.
- Review and analyze current procedures, identify areas for improvement and develop and implement a standardization system across the enterprise.
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all functions (People, Finance, IT, Engineering) to maintain and develop processes that will create a best in class People operations platform and an excellent employee experience.
- Lead projects and teams; obtain key partner buy-in, develop requirements, build/test, prepare for change management, go-live and conduct post-mortem feedback improvements.
- Ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Improve overall employee experience by strengthening People operations.
- Build a high performing team and culture of accountability that ensures delivery of timely, quality services.
- Establish a governance process within HRIS to drive priority setting and effective tenant management strategies across the business.
- Establish key metrics to monitor Workday utilization and identify trends, root causes and solutions to drive efficiency and scale within Workday.
Analytics and Reporting
- Partner closely with internal clients to provide strategic decision support through data and analytics.
- Manage and lead People reporting and analytics function and serve as expert resource for all People data needs.
- Promote proactive approaches to using HRIS and data to solve business challenges.
- Ability to translate results of analyses into data-driven insights to ensure key messages resonate with the target audience.
- Develop visualization methods/tools to enable end users to easily access and understand relevant data.
- Collaborate with functional business partners to develop ties between data sources for a more holistic view.
- Continuously learn new tools and ways to mine and visualize data. Design audience-specific presentations with consideration of visualization principles to share data in an intuitive manner.
- Take the results of analyses and tell a story with the data to guide leaders in business decisions with the ability to explain details and high-level overviews depending on the audience.
- Maintain and enhance current reporting deliverables while exploring new and innovative ways to report and examine People data including dashboards.
We'd Love to Hear From You If:
- You have 10+ years of progressively responsible HRIS and or analytics related knowledge.
- Significant experience designing, configuring, and administering Workday HRIS.
- The ability to translate business objectives and unmet needs into a clear vision and roadmap, with rigorous requirements, then support the execution of that vision.
- Strong bias for action with a demonstrated track record of owning and delivery solutions successfully.
- Extensive broad-based HR generalist experience in a range of industry sectors/environments.
- Strong analytical execution with thoroughness, accuracy, and focus on data integrity.
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a tendency to challenge the status quo.
- Relentless focus on delivering product enhancements that will drive real, measurable impact to improve the employee experience.
- Self-starter, able to drive work forward within an agile environment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, challenge, and change.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!