Senior Software Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Platform engineering is a new group at Mailchimp focused on maintaining and improving our core components, and we are looking for a Senior level engineer to help us do it. This team is focused on our internal job running tool, which is critical for our engineers and our feature development. You can expect to own the implementation of our technical roadmap, empower other engineers, and design best practices. You will collaborate with teams throughout the company and represent our group in cross-departmental projects.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What You’ll Do:
- Build a deep appreciation for the needs our job runner solves and own the implementation of features to address those needs
- Communicate and collaborate with other engineering teams to facilitate their usage of the job runner into their products
- Empower team members by providing technical mentorship, documentation, and testing infrastructure
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You are comfortable working with and improving upon legacy systems and code
- You have experience with cloud computing platforms, ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Significant coding experience in Go, PHP, Python, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- You are passionate about building and delivering great features for customers
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.