IT Systems Administrator - (Jira)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The IT Systems Administrator is part of the Mailchimp IT Services team inside Engineering, and all employees are our customers. The IT Services Team helps ensure Mailchimp employees everywhere have a solid technology foundation to do great work.
We are looking for a customer-centric professional with strong communication and organizational skills and a technical understanding of IT enterprise systems in a growing company of over 1,200 people across 4+ offices.
Our ideal candidate will combine deep technical knowledge in Atlassian Jira with excellent communication skills, and will happily approach challenges with humor and creativity. We are looking for an enthusiastic and active collaborator, eager to work across the organization. If you've broken down a technical project into discrete tasks, identified project stakeholders, and implemented that project to successful completion – Let's talk!What you’ll do:
- Provide subject matter expertise for Atlassian Jira. Help all teams across the company set up and customize projects, workflows, field configurations, and permissions for maximum value.
- Manage and support Jira and other Mailchimp’s enterprise systems, developing automation, efficiency, and maintainability to meet business objectives and delight Mailchimp employees.
- Work with IT Systems Engineering on following engineering best practices such as deploying stable systems, maintaining documentation, and outlining support guidelines.
- Process improvement and review – from system provisioning to enforcing device policies and configuration profiles, every part of our IT systems and processes are in scope for improvement.
- Identify teachable moments to help mentor and develop the skills of your peers and team.
- Serve as an escalation point for our IT Specialist team.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Have experience with Jira Cloud, Jira Server, issue collectors, Jira Service Desk, Jira plugin administration, and some Confluence administration.
- Have hands-on experience with deploying and managing computer and software systems in an enterprise environment.
- Have strong competency in planning, prioritization, and implementation of technical projects.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have worked with or similar core technologies/applications:
- IAM or SAML SSO systems such as Okta or Duo.
- Enterprise Mac management such as Jamf Pro.
- Google G-Suite Enterprise.
- Centrally managed macOS, Linux, ChromeOS and Windows computers across multiple offices.
- Directory Services: Active Directory, LDAP.
- IP networks, troubleshooting tools, and managing an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
Nice, but not required (still apply!), if you have:
- Familiarity with Active Directory advanced trouble isolation and maintenance – particularly log analysis, event diagnostics, updates, and security patches.
- Experience configuring and administering Linux and/or ChromeOS.
- Pick a language! Experience with scripting in either bash, python, or PowerShell.
- Comfortable working with APIs – using API calls for systems integration.
- Any Cloud will do! Experience working in Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services environments.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.