Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is looking to add an Internal Auditor to our Enterprise Risk Oversight and Audit Operations team, that will help support the various audit, risk, and control framework needs of our rapidly growing software company. To be successful in this role, it is important that you can work cross-functionally, multitasking and prioritizing assignments as necessary. Attention to detail, a penchant for documentation, and strong organizational skills, are all attributes that profile well for this role.
If you have a knack for risk-based thinking, embrace challenge, and would enjoy working collaboratively in a growing risk and audit function, read the job description below to determine if you would be a good fit.
What you’ll do here:
- Support our team management of third party assessments such as SOC II, PCI DSS, and ISO 27001, via evidence collection and organization
- Perform test of controls/internal audits as required by prescribed/regulatory control frameworks; such as ISO 27001
- Perform test of controls over financial reporting, including ITGCs
- Assist in walkthroughs, process documentation, and flowcharting of core processes
- Perform internal operational audits as determined by our audit plan
- Assist our team in driving the enterprise risk management methodology and management of the enterprise risk portfolio
- Draft memos, policy documentation, findings summaries, or presentations as determined by various projects
- Work cross functionally with Legal, IT, Security, and People to refresh and maintain control frameworks
- Work within our Control, Audit, and Risk Software, to certify, update, maintain, and test relevant control frameworks
- Assist our team in ad hoc project administration as needed
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2-3 years of public accounting experience, or have worked in an Internal Audit, IT Audit, or Risk function within a publicly traded company.
- Embrace detail oriented work, robust documentation, and organization.
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Have experience in communicating and collaborating with stakeholders at multiple levels of an organization.
- Have a CPA and other relevant certifications (CIA, CISA).
- Have a degree in accounting, finance, IT, or other related discipline.
Nice, but not required, if you have:
- Worked within a creative software/technology company.
- Have experience utilizing AuditBoard to manage control testing and operational audits
- PCI, SOC II, Sarbanes Oxley or ISO 27001 experience.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.