Software Engineer III, FinOps
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers and quality assurance analysts. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Finance stakeholders to automate manual processes, ensure compliance with international regulations, and reduce overhead
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the future (and present) of Mailchimp’s payments processing and tax systems
- Build customer confidence through precise and efficient processing of payments and invoices
- Empower team members—including other developers as well as Billing Support and QA—through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Tackle high priority issues that may have unclear resolutions at the start
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You can clarify requirements and help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You can help troubleshoot production issues and are open to switching contexts at short notice
- You are passionate about building great web applications and have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- A background in finance, payments, or business processes
- Coding experience in Go, PHP, Python, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- You are comfortable working with and improving upon legacy systems and code
If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.