Senior Product Manager, Data Segmentation
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Senior Product Manager you will own a product portfolio composed of products that tackle focus on implementing our data science capabilities in the Mailchimp platform. This is the key subject matter expert role that “connects the dots” across the full customer journey in partnership with Marketing, Research, Design and Engineering and Support. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives innovative product delivery furthers our brand goals.
What you'll do here:
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of customer needs, business needs, and data science capabilities in order to serve as the thought leader for audience segmentation at Mailchimp
- Develop a holistic strategy across a portfolio of products that ensures a frictionless customer experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap for our segmentation and audience data organization initiative
- Translate Data Science capabilities into product implementation requirements. Collaborate with Engineering, Data Science & ML Engineering to integrate data science functionality into the Mailchimp platform
- Own product portfolio backlog and roadmap, collaborate with Design, Engineering, and Research/Analytics to bring products from ideation to launch.
- Anchor teams into available data and simplify complex concepts for the desired audience
- Demonstrate a bias towards action and ability to make decisions with imperfect information in service of launching products iteratively
- Collaborate with various departments such as Product Marketing, Monetization, Design & Communications to bring product features to market, drive adoption, and deliver on KPI objectives
- Regularly review portfolio roadmap progress with the Senior Leadership Team to build consensus on portfolio priorities
- Monitor all products post-launch, recommending further optimization or course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are an expert analytical skills with the ability to clearly and accurately communicate data insights
- You are capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs and successfully motivating across the organization to achieve strategy goals
- You have the ability to thrive in ambiguity and exhibit grit when faced with setbacks
- You are an excellent at verbal and written communicating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders, including C-level executives; exceptional presentation skills
- You have a strong attention to detail including proven ability to manage competing priorities
- You have experience with previous successful launch of data science features and/or products at large scale
- You have experience collaborating with data engineers and scientists to design, build, and maintain machine-learning models
- You have extensive experience in a product-related function, developing and delivering against a product roadmap
- You have advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.