Senior Motion Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re also a very unique and imaginative brand that isn’t afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising and content in service of our mission and our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand Design team. We drive our Mailchimp’s bold creative vision and uphold and evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits and inspires our employees and customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimp’s secret sauce.
We're looking for a Senior Motion Designer to join us—someone who is the best and brightest of motion design, someone who is eager to commit to our highly creative and gutsy brand, to push the barriers of how Mailchimp moves within our product, illustration and typography. An ideal candidate is someone who’s an excellent communicator and collaborator, who can power through projects independently but thrive just as much in a team setting. As an in-house team, we want to make award-winning, groundbreaking work and this motion expert will help us get there together. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too.
What you’ll do:
- The execution and on-time delivery of high quality creative motion design work and motion graphics systems (including but not limited to: product UI, packaging elements for video such as title cards, transitions, lower thirds, end cards, etc., custom animations varying in length for our site, social channels and special projects)
- Help lead design team contributors on motion graphics, animation and video editing projects
- Oversee and lead the creative approach and execution of campaign design systems and projects with multiple deliverables that typically include motion graphics
- Collaborate with fellow designers and writers to deliver beautiful and communicative content
- Mentor fellow colleagues in motion graphics and animation work
- Advise on and help evolve the motion identity of Mailchimp to be articulated within our master brand guidelines
- Interact cross functionally as an advocate and facilitator for brand design
- Collaborate with internal partners ensuring roles and project scale and scope are clearly defined
- Direct external partners and vendors when necessary to ensure the brand vision, tone and voice is always coming off appropriately and successfully
- Maintain brand consistency while looking for ways to elevate the brand keeping it fresh and innovate
- Lead by example by following and enforcing department processes, procedures and expectations
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- An online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and impeccable craft with speed and efficiency across a variety of projects
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Expertise in Procreate and Dragonframe
- Strong and diverse illustration skills—the ability to create animations from scratch is required
- Experience in motion graphics as it relates to short form content, on-air packaging and overall video editing
- Experience establishing branded motion graphics systems to play out through campaigns and seasonal projects
- Emotional intelligence to think through design problems with partners and arrive at thoughtful and surprising solutions
- The capacity to mentor and lead fellow creatives to support individual growth as well as the health of the team
- Compassion and confidence in regards to giving and receiving feedback
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to make visual and compelling content that is both engaging and informative
- A strong work ethic and willingness to jump in at any stage of a project
- Experience in illustration, graphic design, video and/or photography a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.