Senior Security Operations Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Are you seeking a dynamic position in security where you will positively impact both your peers and Mailchimp customers? If so, you might be the right person to fill a Senior Security Operations Engineer role on our team. We have a security-positive culture and invest significant time and energy into our security program; as the company continues to grow, those efforts require additional coordination and alignment with company strategy.
This role consists of building and managing tools to detect and respond to security issues, staying up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities, and participating in incident response measures. The ideal candidate is a developed security professional with excellent communication skills and experience with tools that help find new threats. You should be an inclusive, collaborative individual, have a keen eye for detail, and a knack for solving difficult problems. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do here:
- Build and improve tooling for identifying and tracking suspicious behavior within the Mailchimp application stack
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to identify anomalous user behavior and develop alerts for suspicious tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Work with the larger Security team on development initiatives while also supporting compliance and audit efforts
- Discover, assess risk, and track mitigation of vulnerabilities in application packages and the supporting infrastructure
- Participate in an on-call rotation for security incidents and assist in incident response processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Familiarity with security information and event management platforms (SIEM)
- You have reviewed security architectures and/or assisted teams for designing secure systems in a cloud environment (Google, Amazon or Azure) or on-prem
- You have experience with security incident response
- You have scripting experience in Python or Bash
If you are excited about the role, even if some of the areas don’t perfectly align to your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $137,000.00. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.