Software Engineering Manager, Automations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Automations team. Our domain builds industry-leading automated customer journey functionality to ensure whenever our customers speak to their audience, it is both efficient and effective. We consistently iterate and launch new features based on our users' needs, and we leverage Mailchimp's data, feature-rich marketing platform to serve recommendations and personalization so our small business clients can market better than the pros.
Our ideal candidate is excited to help Mailchimp customers connect with their customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization, and be the voice for Engineering in project-level decisions.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have solid experience managing an inclusive team of high-performing engineers in multiple office locations.
- Are experienced with product-focused software development that touches the entire web stack, using analytics and user testing to drive decisions.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the differences between managing a project team and supporting individual contributors.
- Communicate confidently, write capably, and present effectively to groups of 5-10 people.
- Are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- Deliver clear, effective feedback even when it’s difficult or intimidating.
- Are willing to consider things from other perspectives and consider the impact on others; comfortable being proven wrong.
- Have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- Bonus points for a background in working with front-end specialists on design-centric projects.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.