Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. This person will provide support for Mailchimp product development teams to ensure delivery on key product initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve hard problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, establishing what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You are an excellent communicator who is passionate about connecting people and continuous improvement. You are curious, flexible, and able to adapt to change quickly. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross functional team planning and execution
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Facilitate cross team interactions and remove impediments
- Lead and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in and be an advocate for the team
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- You have 3 or more years of experience in project management and agile team facilitation
- You're passionate about agile development
- You have an understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You are attentive to keeping others informed about project developments and plans
- You are self aware and give attention to interpersonal skills
- You have experience in executing change management processes
- You are organized, have a problem solving mindset, and are comfortable presenting to and facilitating groups
- You have a strong desire to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- You have a record of utilizing risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- You can demonstrate the use of project management techniques and tools
- You are flexible and able to change priorities quickly
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.