Manager of QA
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Quality Assurance team works closely with cross-functional disciplines to help make sure we’re delivering useful, working tools with every release. Our analysts test new features and updates to Mailchimp’s products with an eye toward user experience, reliability, and real-world use cases. We’re looking for someone with a passion for growing people to join the team as a QA Manager.
This role will foster technical and professional development of a team of QA Analysts while advocating for testing practices throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, skilled manager, highly diplomatic, process-oriented, and always on the lookout for new approaches to both testing and leadership. This role has a significant impact on the health of the Mailchimp product as well as the success of testing within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage direct reports, helping them juggle multiple projects and manage their time on short- and long-term projects.
- Support direct reports’ long-term career development, helping them build their skills in software testing.
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcome and success is celebrated.
- Advocate for QA’s early involvement in development projects and help make early involvement successful.
- Work to refine and evangelize Mailchimp’s QA practices and processes.
- Organize team communications and projects.
- Help to drive the interviewing and hiring of a diverse QA team.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have several years of experience with full time testing and/or testing adjacent responsibilities.
- You have prior people management experience.
- You can cultivate a healthy team culture of inclusion and equity.
- You recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- You’re patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it’s challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You’re willing to consider things from other perspectives and consider the impact on others.
- You have experience working within an Agile-based environment.
- You have a proven track record of effective performance management and coaching of individual contributors.
- You are a skilled written and verbal communicator, with both technical and non-technical audiences, upward and broadly across teams.
- You can balance app stability with the need to release features quickly.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.