Senior Software Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. As we have several openings across a few of our teams, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction for and own the design and implementation of the overall system architecture and infrastructure
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $121,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.