Senior Software Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. As we have several openings across a few of our teams, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction for and own the design and implementation of the overall system architecture and infrastructure
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.