Software Engineer III
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an engineer to help us build and support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers and quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations), and also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. As we have several openings across a few of our teams, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application
- Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Foster an inclusive community on the team and at Mailchimp
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in backend development
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You are passionate about building great web applications and have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- You embrace our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $100,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.