Software Engineer III, Machine Learning
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is looking for an engineer to join our team. You will collaborate with data scientists to develop and deploy predictive models. You will also work with application engineers to use those models’ predictions within the Mailchimp platform. As part of Mailchimp’s Engineering team, we work closely with Mailchimp’s data scientists to make data insights actionable. The Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team builds tools and infrastructure that empower Mailchimp’s own data scientists.. The team also builds applications that empower Mailchimp customers to understand and utilize their data. By using predictive analytics and big data technologies, we help Mailchimp fight spam and empower small businesses with information.
If you are a self-directed, experienced engineer who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and application engineers to create, deliver, and maintain end-to-end features based on machine learning
- Design, develop and deploy high quality data/ML pipelines and services using Python, Google BigQuery, Dataflow, Docker, Kubernetes, and other Google Cloud services
- Keep abreast of developments in the field: frameworks, libraries, best practices
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have worked closely with data scientists and other engineers to deliver features backed by data science and machine learning
- You have development experience in Python or another modern, high-level object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP)
- You have experience with SQL databases or data processing frameworks. We write a lot of SQL ourselves (ORMs aren’t that relevant for data science).
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Experience that is nice to have:
- Working on ML projects or applications
- Google BigQuery or similar tools like Amazon Redshift or Snowflake
- Distributed programming frameworks, e.g. Apache Spark
- Google Cloud Dataflow or similar frameworks like Amazon Kinesis, MapReduce, Apache Storm, Apache Samza, Apache, Flink, Kafka Streams...
- Understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Python packaging and distribution
- Continuous integration and delivery, e.g. Jenkins
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Keras, TensorFlow, and/or other machine learning/deep learning systems
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.