Senior Manager of Talent Development
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Senior Manager of Talent Development, Organizational Learning is responsible for the strategy, design, execution, and measurement of all organizational learning programs, including executive leadership development and pipeline development resources for top talent at all levels, management and leadership resources for people leaders, and competency development resources for individual contributors.
The Senior Manager of Talent Development will have experience in leading the development and delivery of innovative and highly effective learning and development programs, including executive development programs, to support implementation and retention of core competencies and leadership behaviors across an organization’s levels and functions. They will have led the deployment of varied, leading edge L&D practices, including highly sophisticated e-learning resources, multimedia and gamified learning experiences, and high-impact instructor-led events with proven outcomes. They will maintain a rigorous data-based approach and be invigorated by continuous, improvisational strategic planning and execution. They will partner in the strategic planning of and lead an organizational learning team in the execution of multiple current and future global organizational learning initiatives, from assessment to evaluation, for Mailchimp employees.
What you'll do here:
- Develop and lead a high performing organizational learning team in use of needs analyses, program strategy, content and material production, planning and logistics, and evaluations and metrics, etc. in the design and delivery of learning and development programs and experiences.
- Lead and collaborate with team strategizing and implementing impactful use of full L&D toolkit, including sophisticated e-learning resources, multimedia and gamified learning, and high-impact instructor-led events to deliver superb learning experiences.
- Lead and collaborate with team in design, build, implementation, and scale of highly engaging, high-impact, and varied leadership development experiences for executives, senior leaders, frontline managers, top talent, as well as programs for global capability development.
- Identify opportunities to support organizational effectiveness and development efforts--including change management, organizational design, etc.--with organizational learning strategies and resources.
- Lead and collaborate with team in design and delivery of leader onboarding experience.
- Lead and collaborate with team in the leveraging of systems and technologies in delivery of programs and experiences.
- Lead and collaborate with team in support of enterprise training needs, including custom learning experiences for DE&I, Legal, Recruiting, etc.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager of Talent Development, Organizational Effectiveness, design and develop learning programs resources in support of OE initiatives and talent management processes and practices.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager of Talent Development, Organizational Effectiveness, design, report, analyze, and provide timely relevant organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, and employee effectiveness insights using Talent Development data.
- Engage and influence cross-functional, cross-level stakeholders to ensure continuous impact and effectiveness of leadership development programs.
- Establish and maintain credibility with senior leadership as a leader and as a coach to optimize and advance programs and best serve the business.
- Manage vendor relationships for on-going coaching and facilitation work, as well as significant, high-profile projects.
- Actively collaborate with leadership and peers in Talent Development and across all People & Culture teams, as well as other learning teams across the enterprise.
- Approximately 15-25% travel expected.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in learning program management, leadership development, talent development, HR, adult education, or equivalent field.
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- You have demonstrated experience leading the design, build, development and optimization of high-impact organizational learning programs--including leadership development programs--in a distributed-first organization.
- You have experience leading a diverse slate of successful learning experiences, including digital, eLearning, remote, and instructor-led resources.
- You have a proven track record of executing, operationalizing, and scaling learning programs.
- You have demonstrated experience evaluating, measuring, and reporting the impact of learning programs.
- You have proven ability to build and sustain credibility with demanding, diverse, senior stakeholders.
- You enjoy exploring compelling questions, tackling complex and ambiguous problems, and recommending creative solutions.
- You enjoy rapid iteration and learning through execution.
- You have demonstrated an empowering, inclusive management style that optimizes highly capable talent.
- You have a strong business acumen and operate from a systemic perspective.
- You’re comfortable making strategic decisions and navigating plan pivots on the fly.
- You are enthusiastic about working in a complex, ambiguous, highly dynamic business environment.
- You have demonstrated bias to action and outcome orientation. You value done more than perfect.
- You are adept at managing multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, outcome-driven, time-critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- You have project and program management skills and the ability to oversee multiple simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working with distributed teams strongly preferred.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.