Senior Product Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and service design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a unified customer experience that inspires and brings value to small businesses.
We are looking for Senior Product Designers who care deeply about their customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.As a Senior Product Designer at Mailchimp, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and work transparently to create designs based on findings from research, data, and feedback from your team
- Are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the customer’s point of view, market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design
- Have a learn-through-experimentation mindset
- Love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar
- Work from clear problems, hypotheses, and goals
- Work iteratively and love learning fast, taking action, reacting quickly to new information, and focusing on results
- Are customer-focused and value diverse perspectives
- Work with a product manager, engineers, product marketing, content strategy, research, and product analytics to to create holistic end-to-end experiences
- Explore and refine concepts, then narrow to the best solution, weighing technical feasibility and scope with your team
- Work in Figma to deliver elegant solutions to the right problems, advocating for our diverse customer base with data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users through research plans and participating in research, focused on both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs)
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights to create empathy with our customers and guide your product team
- Raise the bar for the quality of design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
- Can show experience shipping high impact, successful digital products
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify the customer experience across products and platforms
- Seek to understand, and believe that diverse perspectives are the key to successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer-centric approaches to work
- Understand how modern technologies are used with design
- Love balancing best practices with smart risks
- Have experience or a desire to mentor, while believing you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within and evolving a design system
- Know how to measure success and guide designs to ensure your work supports a strategic goal
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.