Product Manager, Finance Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As Product Manager on Mailchimp’s Finance Technology team, you will be responsible for driving strategy and executing on it in partnership with fellow product managers and other disciplines. This includes identifying customer problems, creating short and long term roadmaps and consistently assessing business impact. You will be providing thought leadership and direction that drives towards our company goals and strategy and does so in collaboration with engineering, design, research, analytics and marketing.
What you’ll do here:
- Own the Finance technology roadmap from concept to execution, ensuring alignment to the company vision
- Define goals with actionable metrics that will inform the success of products delivered, working with Analytics to analyze and track against metrics
- Partner with Finance and Support to determine stakeholder priorities and balance these against overall strategic objectives
- Communicate clearly defined and achievable product goals to Engineering and Design, negotiating trade-offs and adjusting scope as needed to hit major milestones
- Lead product team through Roadmap, Sprint Planning, Refinement, and Retrospective ceremonies to ensure clarity of scope and high velocity in addressing priorities
- Identify opportunities to validate product direction through MVPs, engaging in Continuous Discovery
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing and Support to define release marketing reach, effort and support impact
- Build, edit and manage product backlog understanding the contributive value of each feature, the level of effort, risk and opportunity costs
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are highly skilled at socializing business opportunity at all levels of the organization through both written presentation and compelling storytelling
- You have the ability to communicate complex and detailed information in an organized and consumable format
- You are capable of and comfortable with working closely with Finance partners in addition to Senior and C-level executives to develop product strategy
- You have a strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have an understanding of how to read data to analyze the performance of digital features
- You have experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- Familiarity with Corporate Finance and/or Finance Technology a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.