Senior IT Business Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Senior IT Business Analyst is part of the IT Engineering team within the larger Mailchimp corporate IT organization. The IT Engineering Team helps ensure that our customers — Mailchimp employees everywhere — have a solid technology foundation to do great work.
We are looking for a customer-centric professional with strong communication and organizational skills and a technical understanding of IT enterprise systems to join our growing company.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and knowledge of current technologies who happily approaches challenges with resilience and creativity. We are looking for a fearless collaborator and communicator, eager to work across the organization.
What you'll do here:
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity within the context of the overall IT strategy; assist with IT Process Mapping and gap analysis, project scoping, planning, and scheduling.
- Work on long-term, multi-stage projects of high complexity
- Create interdepartmental feedback loops, workflows, and processes.
- Foresee and drive net new organizational capabilities.
- Leverage knowledge of cutting-edge technologies to optimize organizational efficiency.
- Be a communication focal point providing coordination for IT projects/initiatives.
- Understand system capabilities, develop business requirements, write the business case, define business logic, create optimization and monitoring strategies and work with the implementation teams to communicate and develop solutions; anticipate risks and mitigate them before they become serious.
- Work with cross-functional business teams to facilitate alignment around tooling and process issues and define best practice business processes.
- Manage multiple tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals.
- Keep an even keel and act as a point of stability and focus for ambitious or controversial projects.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- You have 5 or more years experience managing multiple successful business system projects and experience with business analysis and business process improvement, preferably in a high-growth enterprise.
- You have a strong competency in planning, prioritization, and implementation of technical projects.
- A proven track record of improving operational efficiency.
- You exercise excellent interpersonal and communication skills: you are an articulate and effective communicator able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; able to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders; able to craft detailed, accurate, and precise documentation.
- Possess solid analytical skills, understand project lifecycles, and possess the ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner to ensure delivery matches the business’s needs.
- You have strong experience negotiating scope and priorities and balancing for successful outcomes.
- You have an ability and desire to grow and coach less tenured team-members.
- Familiarity with IT standards and core technologies/applications such as:
- You have issue and project tracking software (such as Jira).
- Collaboration and documentation software (such as Confluence).
- You have experience with Google G-Suite Enterprise.
- An understanding of SOC2, ISO, PCI.
- You have an understanding of IT security and network risks.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.