Software Engineer III, Data Services
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer III to work with a high performing group of software engineers and analysts. Our team is responsible for supporting the development of data-intensive product features and supporting the data-heavy custom application development needs of teams throughout the organization.
In this position we seek someone excited to work with a dynamic, diverse group of engineers and managers who are all used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. We work with teams throughout the organization, including the Analytics & Data Science Product Domain, our Abuse Prevention Team, Marketing Analytics, Strategy Operations, and more. We seek someone comfortable with supporting the requirement definition and development for both customer-facing services and highly-visible business intelligence efforts.
We seek someone with an understanding of why and how diverse teams build better software and create better cultures. Data Services is a team with a vibrant, supportive, empowered, inclusive and positive culture. We like to get things done and feel strongly about customer service and the value we bring to Mailchimp. An ideal candidate will understand the importance of that culture to the team’s productivity and overall benefit this has to Mailchimp as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and cultivate a culture of direct, compassionate feedback. Engage in a results-oriented work style, and encourage transparent communication. Facilitate effective collaboration and teamwork
- Work with the engineering department leadership to iterate on the strategic Data Services Roadmap.
- Work cross functionally with Abuse, ML Engineering, Support, Marketing and people teams to help define and scope their objectives while ensuring our solutions remain robust and scalable
- Help identify and remove obstacles to project execution
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a passion for writing clean and simple code, and follow good development and testing practices
- You’ve got experience with Cloud Data Infrastructure products (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other vendors is also useful)
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Desire to work in a highly-collaborative environment, and actively contribute to code reviews, software design specs, team-level office hours, etc.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with stream processing or helping productionize machine learning models
- Experience developing and maintaining data-intensive applications using open source tools
- Experience with data warehousing in BigQuery, Teradata, Hive, Oracle, etc.
We primarily work with Java, Python, and Kafka, but many of our amazing engineers have picked up the languages we use while working here. We’re more interested in your ability to learn and collaborate with our teams while remaining relentless on meeting the needs of our customers. We mentioned a lot of items in the description, and want to encourage all peeps to apply. We don’t expect you to be familiar with everything here!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.