Engineering Manager, Storefront
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking an Engineering Manager to help us lead an engineering team that sits at the intersection of Mailchimp.com and our web application and is part of our Customer Experience strategic initiative. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors and lead the team responsible for optimizing the buyer journey on Mailchimp.com.
We’re looking for someone to embody the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast”, have a desire to constantly improve things (processes and technology), and be willing to question our current thinking.
What you'll do:
- Have solid experience managing an inclusive team of high-performing engineers in multiple office locations.
- Collaborate with Engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals, and ensure any roadblocks are removed from the team’s path.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure their needs are being met while also setting appropriate expectations for stakeholders.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Participate with peers and Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about the career growth and self-development of our Engineers.
- You have prior experience leading engineering teams.
- You have prior experience successfully working with stakeholders in Marketing, Design, and Product.
- You have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- You are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- You understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- You have a commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.