Systems Engineer III, Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
MailChimp’s Engineering Operation team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Product, Support and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our technology stacks; we use proven components and build our business logic on top of understood and supported building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who are eager to join us on this journey of learning and advancing our Engineering strategy. Our definite goal is to build a hybrid infrastructure that’ll allow us to deal with the needs of today and tomorrow while empowering our customers.
We are seeking people with the aptitude, attitude and curiosity to join us on our journey. You’d be part of the systems engineering team with a focus on improving our tooling and instrumentation around metrics, tracing, and logging. The ideal candidate can help us plan, design and implement an engineering strategy to tackle this high impact initiative. If you want to drive engagement across Engineering, Product, Support and each analytical team within, this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement and support an evolving observability platform that can ingest metrics, tracing, and logs from multiple services in our application monolith and GCP
- Participate in and facilitate learning opportunities for other team members
- Design, document, implement, and support technologies that we utilize to support the health and resiliency of the Mailchimp application.
- Develop, communicate, and enforce standards for metrics, tracing, logs and analytics.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Familiarity with observability and monitoring technologies such as OpenTelemetry, Prometheus or Zabbix
- Proficient Linux and networking knowledge
- Exposure to cloud services, distributed systems, and various logging applications
- Demonstrated experience making pragmatic technical decisions
- Demonstrated experience with bringing together inclusive working groups to solve challenges
- Experience with PHP or Golang development
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, CloudProxy, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Big Query).
- Demonstrated experience of establishing and socializing standards for the company to use
- Ability to build large scalable systems with configuration management tools
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similiar cloud technologies
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.